Scientist Home is located at the eastern end of the Administrative and Laboratory blocks of the Institute.Facilities:
9 suits are available with the facility of a sitting room, a bed room and a reading/ dressing/toilets in each unit, which includes 3 suits with single bed and other 6 suits with double bed accommodation. Catering/Dining facility is also available in the home. TVs are available in all rooms and in reception counter.
Farmers’ Hostel is located 0.5 km further away from Administrative Building of ICAR Research Complex for NEH Region at 250 41’ 18.36” N Latitude & 910 55’ 04.38” E Longitude. (Browse ‘Google Earth’ at 25 40.306N, 91 55.073E).Facilities:
1. 24 rooms with attached toilets cum bathroom are available, which includes three bed dormitory
room, two bed AC and dormitory room, single bed AC room and four bed dormitory room for
2. Lodging/fooding facility e.g. breakfast and dinner are routinely available on prior requisition/information basis. Lunch is available only on Sundays and closed holidays on prior requisition basis.
3. TV is available in reception hall and in all AC rooms.
4. Lounge with meeting/sitting capacity of up to 30 members is available in addition to the Reception and Dining Hall.
Allotment Priorities in Farmers’ Hostel:
1. ICAR Institutional/Councils’ programmes.
2. Official tour of ICAR/SAU Scientist/Officials/Staff and Central/State Govt. Officials on invitation to ICAR.
3. Private visit on LTC etc of ICAR/SAU Scientist/Officials/Staff.
4. Official programme of Central/State Govt. departments.
5. Official tour of Central/State Govt. Officials in their own business.
6. Other than above/private visitor in works related to ICAR activities.
Allotment Authority: Director of the Institute.
Boarding and Lodging Charges:
Boarding: As per ICAR norms (presently vide F. No. 17-1/2004 –E & M Dated the 23rd April, 2009 and Dated 30th June, 2009.)
Lodging/Fooding: Varies from time to time according to menu and based on the prevailing market rates of essential commodities.